Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to public of all ages.
2. Registration fee of RM10 per submission is imposed.
3. Each participant is required to create a lantern design (according to the Mid-Autumn Festival
theme) using ONLY recycled materials and to include a title of their artwork. Materials that are
harmful and flammable are not allowed.
4. The lantern should be not larger than 50cm(L) x 50cm(W) x 60cm(H) and not smaller than
20cm(L) x 20cm(W) x 30cm(H).
5. Lanterns MUST come with hanging hooks for displaying purpose.
6. Judging will be based on the following criteria: Creativity & Originality (40%),
Colour Combination (40%), Presentation (20%).
7. Winners will be notified via phone call/ email. Prizes will be presented during Lantern Walk Night
on 7 September 2019 at Straits Quay Retail Marina. Judges’ decision is final and no
correspondence thereon will be entertained.
8. Prizes are not exchangeable. The Management reserves the right to substitute all or any of the
prizes with items of equivalent value without having to give any prior notification or reasons to
the participant(s) or winners.
9. The Management reserves the right to use the names and/or artworks of the participants as
materials for the purposes of advertising, trade, display and/or publicity, without any prior notice
to the participants.
10. The Management reserves the right to disqualify any participants found not complying with the
rules and regulations of the competition.
11. The Management reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition with or
without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason.
12. The Management reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to the competition
Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time.
13. Registration forms, fees and physical lanterns must be submitted to Information Counter
(Ground Floor Main Lobby) during the lantern submission period: 12 – 30 August 2019,
11.00am – 10.00pm.